Followers

Monday 31 May 2010

Yup,yup,yup, I see da sun.......and there it goes..mannn

On that bright note,( ar,ar,pun intended) uhhh that's it that's all I got. Sad, verrra sad.

So on to the food front. Todays tidbit is;

How to Choose the Best Cereal.
-If you pick the right cereal and have it with fruit and lowfat milk or yogurt, you get a huge nutritional bang for your buck. The trick is picking a good one. here's a checklist to help guide you through

Look For:
--6 grams of sugar or less per serving
--at least 3 grams of fiber per serving
--whole grain as the first ingredient on the list

Avoid:
--partially hydrogenated oil, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial colors.

Be Aware;
--the words "less sugar" on the box may not mean the cereal is less sweet. It may contain artificial sweeteners.
--serving sizes vary widely because some cereals are more concentrated than others.

Peanut Butter split smoothie
1banana, ripe,peeled,quartered and frozen.
1/2 c skim milk
1/4 c skim yogurt
1 1/2 TBSP natural peanut butter.
Blend, yumm I put a TBSP of dark cocoa powder for the choco boost.


SMART SNACKING

Many of my nibbles make ideal between-meal snacks. Snacking can help keepyour energy throughout the day and prevent impulsive eating and overeating at meals. The key is to snack right.

Plan don't pick
--enjoy 2 well planned snacks each day--one in the midmorning and one midafternoon.
--a healthy bite @ 4pm is helpful for combating afternoon energy dips and sugar cravings ( unt Mar's Menopause)

Portion right
--try to keep snacks between 100 and 300 calories
--that equals 1 cup of fruit and some yogurt or @ palmful of nts.
--pre-portion nibbles in snack baggies so they are easy to grab and go.

Protein Power
--try to include some protein at each snack
--lean meat, lowfat dairy, nuts or beans/legumes(edamame, lentils, peanuts)
Protein will help keep your blood sugar stable and keep you feeling satisfied and energized longer

Okay...there I've distracted myself with my lifelong interest in eating for nutrition and health.
and seeing as the sun is out I will plug in my ipod and grab my walking poles and head out.
i'm hanging in there, I'v started bleeding again and my gynae is away till june 15th, sooo holding pattern,
c'est la vie.
hope Montreal is treating Rick and Mado well.
hugs to all

No comments:

Post a Comment