Followers

Tuesday 15 September 2009

The Hard stuff

FOOD FACTOID: PINEAPPLE
LOOK FOR VIBRANT GREEN LEAVES WITHA BIT OF SOFTNESS AND A SWEET FRAGRANT AROMA FROM THE STEM END.
AVOID SPONGY FRUIT WITH BROWN LEAVES AND/OR A FERMENTED ODOR.
KEEP A PINEAPPLE WITH A WEAK AROMA AT ROOM TEMP FOR 2-3 DAYS UNTIL IT SOFTENS SLIGHTLY. THEN REFRIGERATE UP TO 5 DAYS.
PAYOFF: BROMELAIN, COMPOUNDS WITH POTENT ANTI-INFLAMMATORY POWERS.

POMEGRANATE
PICK ONES THAT ARE WEIGHTY FOR THEIR SIZE WITH THE GLOSSY, TAUT, UNCRACKED
SKIN THAT IS DEEP RED.
GENTLY PRESS THE CROWN END--IF A POWDERY CLOUD EMANATES THE FRUIT IS PAST ITS PRIME.
STORE IN COOL, DRY LOCATION, THEY KEEP FRESH FOR SEVERAL WEEKS UP TO 2 MONTHS IN THE FRIDGE.
PAYOFF----HEFTY AMOUNTS OF ANTIOXIDANTS SHOWN TO IMPROVE SPERM QUALITY, THUS BOOSTING FERTILITY.

EAT THIS NOT THAT STATES----LIPTON PURELEAF GREEN TEA HONEY
16fl oz 120 CALORIES--0 FAT--32g SUGARS ARGHHH

HONEST TEA ORGANIC GREEN TEA HONEY-16floz--74 CALORIES-0FAT--18g SUGARS

So for tea with no chemical sweeteners this si the one with the best profile.

DASANI PLUS WATERS--THE POMEGRANATE BLACKBERRY--20 fl oz-- 0calories,0sugar,0fat. it states 2.5 g of fiber give this product and edge in the crowded functional water category.

These last 2 entries are for my cuz Barb. who prefers her water to taste of something. So a heathier tea choice, and h2o.


The hard stuff, is all the stuff I never tell anyone, most of the time not even my doctor because I don't want him to feel he's not helping.

So last nite as I lay not sleeping, and my worry wheel was going at mach 10, I had a bit of an epiphany. my worry wheel was doing the hundred yard dash with the old refrain, "how long are you gonna stay broken before you just give up", "next time you go for your walk just jump in front of a bus" "your brain's never gonna work properly again", "just buy some heroin and keep it on hand til you can make a decision".
A small sampling of the litany that depression/brain fart chemicals impose.
I realized last nite that I have a mantra that I use to defuse these crippling thoughts. As each one asserts itself, I rebut. I regulate my breathing (god bless yoga) and I begin my own gospel according to Mar.
I am not broken, I am dented and need a little body work, I will survive.
I walk for health, and not being stupid, jumping in front of a bus just doesn't strike me as healthy.
I want to create a new way for my brain to work. Thanks to you all I'm doing that here.
I will not allow myself to make a decision based on fear of failure.
Failure is just another word for I'll never stop doing something, whether it turns out good or bad.


When I write about food and nutrition, create new recipes, I am transported for short periods away from the worry wheel.
It's always kinda there and takes energy to utilize my mantras and cognitive steps.
energy well spent.

Okay so it's out there now, this sampling of my wheel, and I am crying my eyes out, because I feel so exposed.
I pray that shining a lite on this darkness inch by inch will change my stars.

A special thanx to A.K. & R.P Who gave me the courage today to share this difficult keerappp.

Thanx y'all for supporting me.
From the depths of my being I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment