Followers

Monday 14 September 2009

housekeeping is not my forte, argh.

FOOD FACTOID: PAPAYAS, BEGINNING TO TURN YELLOW AND SOMEWHAT YIELDING FLESH WHEN LIGHTLY SQUEEZED. BLOTCHY ONES OFTEN HAVE THE MOST FLAVOR.
AVOID TOO GREEN, HAVE DARK SPOTS, OR ARE SHRIVELED.
ONCE RIPE EAT IMMEDIATELY OR REFRIGERATE UP TO 3 DAYS. RIPEN AT ROOM TEMP, IN A DARK SETTING UNTIL YELLOW BLOTCHES APPEAR.
PAYOFF: A COMPLETE NUTRITIONAL PACKAGE INCLUDING PLENTY O FIBER AND VITAMINS C,A,E, AND K.

PEACHES; PICK FRUITY AROMA AND A BACKGROUND COLOR THAT IS YELLOW OR A WARM CREAM COLOR.
YIELDS TO GENTLE PRESSURE=EAT NOW
FUTURE INTAKE=OPT FOR FIRM BUT NOT ROCK HARD. RED BLUSH ON THEIR CHEEKS IS VARIETY DEPENDENT AND IS NOT A RIPENESS INDICATOR.
STORE UNRIPE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE OPEN TO AIR.
RIPE= REFRIGERATE 2-3 DAYS.
PAYOFF; VITAMIN C, ANTIOXIDANT BETA-CAROTENE, FIBER, AND POTASSIUM.

As for moi, mouth is starting to heal, only a couple of cankers and hotspots at the gum line where the incisions were made. Soooo able to eat as long as I sweep everything to the healthy side. Sure makes for slow eating.

Continue to have difficulty in regulating light therapy, some weird sleep thing going on. Only able to sleep 1 1/2-2hours at a time. so feels choppy and not restful.
My grumpy is getting more full-bodied every day.
tuff to find energy to do anything.
stumbled around doing housework today, wash kitchen floor(miniscule area 2'by 7') .
Suitcase is out and lists being made for trip.
spoke to Carol, they leave for China on Thursday, sounds like a great trip.

Sunday was a good day, weather was sunny and warm. Went to S.L.C. Meeting and had a Picnic with some of the group after. Was nice, relaxed atmosphere. Still find it difficult to be around people for that long, was exhausted when I got home.
I so habitually don the mask that makes it possible to be around people and not look broken or weird. It's gonna take some work to not let the mask overrule the changes I want to make in facing life head on, and shining a light on my journey thru the dark halls of depression.

I am meditating every day, and I gotta tell ya, it is hard, hard, hard. The noise keeps trying to take over. So now as soon as my mind wanders I immediately picture the ocean and a gentle wave cresting on the shore to cleanse and refresh.

So I am a work in progress, which is better than what I was this time last year.

I keep remembering YODA saying THERE IS NO TRY, THERE IS DO OR DO NOT.

And if I was quoting the GODFATHER, I'd say I'M GOING TO THE MATTRESSES.

THAT'S IT. I'M DONE.
CHEERS Y'ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment